Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Spinning the Night Away

About 2 weeks ago, I got together with Nellie (Yarn Sweet Yarn) for a dyeing extravaganza. It was intended to be a few hours, and ended up spanning 5 consecutive days. More about that another day, but one of the things we dyed were these gorgeous Teeswater locks.


I sold half of my portion of the locks to another good friend, Paula (Mad Angel Creations), who couldn't resist beginning to work with them immediately. She chose to flick hers out, though I can't even imagine doing that to something with such amazing structure and curl! Here's the photo she sent me today.

I also couldn't resist beginning to work with my remaining locks last night. They are still on the bobbin of my super amazing Majacraft Rose spinning wheel, but I'm really thrilled with how they are coming out. I also dyed a braid of BFL top to match my locks, and I'm spinning a single from the bfl, and adding the curly locks to it as I go. My intent is to make the first single with locks on it, and make the second single without, then ply them together in such a manner that I get dangly curly bits.


I got to this point last night before I was so tired that I was just breaking the single all the time. Single breaks 5 times, and its obviously time to go to bed! I'm thinking I should make some decent progress on it tonight, or maybe I'll just play RockBand with the hubby instead.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's going to be quite some yarn! Of course, it was fine for you to use my photo, and thanks for the link to my shop.

    I bookmarked your blog, so I'll be reading. Looking forward to it, actually. :-)

    ReplyDelete